SCM

Discussion Forums: help

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread

RE: Add a new CEP to the camitkincubator [ reply ]
By: Prasad Samarakoon on 2017-04-05 08:19
[forum:4047]
Dear Mahnu,

Thank you for your reply and the valuable information.

Warm Regards,
Prasad.

By: Emmanuel Promayon on 2017-04-04 17:04
[forum:4046]
Hello Prasad,

Thank you for your contribution!

Don't worry, everything is back to normal. We don't have a develop branch on project camitk incubator, as incubator is just a "develop" branch.

If a CEP or piece of code in the incubator seems mature enough (and of wide interest) it will be integrated in the camitk project develop branch. As the incubator contains multiple projects, there does not seem to be any need to over complexify the git workflow there.

That said, it is not a bad thing to use specific branches for your CEP in incubator. Even if there are merged in develop (use --no-ff option for clarity), this will give a better view of the process.

I am going to check cep segmentor asap, it looks very interesting!

Mahnu

By: Prasad Samarakoon on 2017-04-04 11:13
[forum:4043]
Dear Jean-Loup,

Thank you very much for your answer and adding me as a developer. I pushed my changes and doing so, I think I made the mistake of creating a new branch "develop". Once, I realized that I pushed my changes into "master" but I couldn't merge the remote develop branch into remote master.
I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Prasad.

By: Jean-Loup HABERBUSCH on 2017-04-04 09:14
[forum:4041]
Dear Prasad,

First of all, I apologize for this late response. As you well understood, the problem comes from your access to the master branch of the sources. Indeed, the model Git to which you refer is valid for the CamiTK project not the camitk-incubator. On the project that interests you have only one master branch on which everything is done.

I just added you as a developer, can you try again to check that the problem is resolved, please?

By: Prasad Samarakoon on 2017-04-03 17:33
[forum:4037]
May be I have not quite understood what is explained in the CamiTK Git Branching Model (https://forge.imag.fr/plugins/mediawiki/wiki/camitk/index.php/CamiTK_Git_Branching_Model) and Git starter guide (https://forge.imag.fr/plugins/mediawiki/wiki/camitk/index.php/Git_starter_guide).

From what I understood, camitkincubator only has a master branch and no developer branch. And according to the wiki "no one can push on the origin/master branch except authorised developers.". And since I am only a developer of CamiTK but not camitk-incubator, I will not be able to push anything to the incubator.

Am I correct in assuming so?

If that is the case, I would be grateful if an administrator of camitk-incubator would add me as a developer if time permits.

Thank you,
Prasad.

Add a new CEP to the camitkincubator [ reply ]
By: Prasad Samarakoon on 2017-04-03 15:52
[forum:4035]

ErrorMessage.png (3) downloads
Hi,

I was able to download the GIT camitkincubator project via SSH (https://forge.imag.fr/scm/?group_id=923). And I added another CEP to the repository.

When I try to push the changes, I get an error (the whole error message is attached as an image). It appears that I do not have write permission.
"error: insufficient permission for adding an object to repository database ./objects"

I would be grateful for all your help.

Thank you,
Prasad.