SCM

Discussion Forums: help

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread

RE: Working with two versions of Qt [ reply ]
By: Claire SERY on 2015-10-15 10:11
[forum:3327]
Hi Guillaume,

I think you can try an other solution, if you want to work with two versions of Qt:
- define an environment variable "Qt32" for example containing the link where your Qt 32 bits is installed
- in your 32 bits Visual Studio project, give to VS the Qt32 variable
- do not change anything in your CamiTK configuration.

Perhaps it can work like this, if not, you define also an environment variable for your Qt 64 bits, and CamiTK will point on it...

Good luck !

By: Guillaume Custillon on 2015-10-15 09:51
[forum:3326]
OK, thank you for your help !

Guillaume

By: Nicolas SAUBAT on 2015-10-15 09:29
[forum:3325]
Hello Guillaume,

The best answer would be it depends :)

The simpliest idea would be to work with only one version of each library. So you can either:
- get all your projects other that CamiTK work on 64 bits (this might bit long, depends on your project and how many you have).
- work with CamiTK in 32bits.

If you intend to work using CamiTK on 32bits, we provide a developer installer for Windows also in 32bits[1].
The installer will copy all the libraries binaries in the C:\dev directory. Once it is done, you might get rid of the 32bits copied-by-the-installer version of Qt (in C\dev\Qt\4.8.x) and keep your 32bits one (and keep this one in your system PATH).

Hope that helps,
Nicolas.

[1] https://forge.imag.fr/plugins/mediawiki/wiki/camitk/index.php/Installing_CamiTK_for_Developpers_on_Windows#All-in_one_installer

By: pierre-alain BARRAUD on 2015-10-15 09:26
[forum:3324]
there is no solution.
perhaps you can use a virtaul machine for the 32 bit version
see you later
pab

Working with two versions of Qt [ reply ]
By: Guillaume Custillon on 2015-10-14 17:34
[forum:3320]
Hi,
I am working with two different versions of Qt on my computer (Windows) : a 64 bits version for CamiTK, and a 32 bits version for other projects.
What is the best way to handle this situation ? I can't put the two Qt versions in my path at the same time.
Thank you for your help,

Guillaume